Hey, y’all –
Dessert is amazing.
That’s all. No fancy words or cute story.
But, sometimes I want a fancy dessert. In comes the créme brûlée in the Instant Pot. It’s easy and fun to make. The fun part is burning the sugar with a torch which you can get HERE. If you don’t have a torch, an oven will work fine…..just not as fun 🙂
In the video below I show you how I use the Instant Pot blender to make créme brûlée.
Crème Brulee in the Instant Pot
Servings: 4 people
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 egg yokes
- 1 teaspoon of sugar per ramekin set aside for burning
- Warm heavy cream and vanilla on the stove top on medium , once warm remove mix
- Place egg yokes into a mixing bowl with sugar. Mix till smooth consistancy.
- Slowly pour in the cream/vanilla mix to egg/sugar mix. Stir while pouring.
- Pour completed mix in to 4 ramakins filling about 80%
- Pour 1 cup of water into the bottom of the Instant Pot. Wrap each ramekin is foil and place on rack inside of Instant Pot. (it is okay to stack up to two levels)
- Put Instant Pot on high pressure and cook for 6 minutes. 10 minute natural release and then manually release the rest of the pressue.
- One finished put in refrigerator for 2 hours minum.
- After chilled, add sugar on top of each. You can use a kitchen torch to burn sugar or place in oven on broil for 2 minutes.