Hey, y’all –
I feel like I have said this before in another post, but, I grow a garden every year. One of my favorite things to grow is jalapenos. I must have good soil though because every year I end up with more jalapenos than I can deal with.
This year a friend of mine threw out the idea of jalapeno cheddar bread. I never thought about jalapeno bread or heard of it, but she had so I got to work making this mystery bread.
ummmmm…..it came out amazing. I have listed the ingredients below. Check out the videos for the steps. And, as a reminder, this is for the bread maker 🙂 Happy baking!
Jalapeno Cheddar Bread
- 1 Bread Maker
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/8 cup water
- 1 egg
- 2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2 yellow onion – sauteed
- 2-3 jalapenos – chopped, seeds removed
- 1 1/2 teaspoon active dry yeast
- Add all ingredients in order listed except yeast to the bread maker
- Make a well for the yeast
- Put yeast in well making sure no liquid is touching
- use the basic/regular baking cycle with setting for light crust and 2lb loaf
- once baking is done – let cool slightly and eat right away. Good for 7 days.